Football News

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Jenkinson aiming to keep place

 

Carl Jenkinson says he will do all he can to keep his place in the Arsenal defence, despite stiff competition from Bacary Sagna.

The 19-year-old, who joined from Charlton in the summer, has had to adjust to life in the Premier League quickly and has played regularly with the more experienced Sagna out injured.
However, his place is threatened by Sagna's imminent return although Jenkinson is determined to give boss Arsene Wenger a tough decision to make between the two players.
"Obviously I'm still young but I do think I am capable of playing," Jenkinson told Arsenal Player. "I've got the ability and I have it in me to be playing now - it's just up to me to play well, take my chances and make sure I keep that place.
"It's very nice for [Wenger] to believe in me and put me in the team in the first place.
"Obviously over the years he's put faith in youngsters but when it's you, you're that bit more grateful."
He added: "There's a lot more improvement for me to do and I know I have a lot more in me to show it.
"But I know I have to improve if I want to be a regular at this football club.
"It's nice that he thinks that [I am improving] but I know I have a lot more to do to get where I want to be."

Credited to : http://www.setanta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment