Football News

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Another Arsenal boy seeks a loan move – but is it time for him to move on fully?



Lukasz Fabianski has reportedly held talks with Arsene Wenger about the possibility of securing a loan a deal in January in a bid to boost his chances of getting to Euro 2012 with Poland. The 26-year-old goalkeeper, who has featured just twice this season – both of which were in the Carling Cup – requested a one-to-one meeting with Wenger about his chances in the first-team this year.
Fellow Pole Wojciech Szczesny has remained Arsenal’s first-choice keeper, while Manuel Almunia, who spent a month on loan with West Ham recently, is set to either secure another temporary deal away from the Emirates or be sold on in January.
When asked if he could possibly follow in Almunia’s footsteps by leaving the Emirates in order to gain regular football out on loan, Fabianski said:
‘Yes, maybe. I had a chat with the boss a few days ago and it was quite an intensive one.

‘It was me who asked to speak although we will have a few more chats. I want my situation to be resolved in the nearest future because I want to play at Euro 2012.’
The Polish international concluded by saying:
‘I hope Wenger will understand me and we find a solution. I want to play for Arsenal but if not, I will have to go somewhere else, even if it is on loan.’
I believe it would be beneficial for Fabianski to seal a loan deal away from Arsenal in January in order to gain match fitness and acquire regular football.
However, if he leaves then I hope Wenger has someone in mind to be Szczesny’s back-up, because from what I hear both Vito Mannone and Manuel Almunia are also set for loan deals in January.

Source/Credit To: http://thisisfutbol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment