Football News

Sunday 20 November 2011

ARSENE WENGER GUNNER REGRET QUIT TALK

ABOVE: Arsene Wenger will review his position at Arsenal at the end of the season

I will decide whether I have met expectations and the standards I set myself. I would have liked to win the Champions League and I still dream of it

WOOLY'S WORLD
WHY would Arsene Wenger choose a deserted corridor at Carrow Road on Saturday afternoon to admit he will consider his Arsenal future at the end of the season?

He could easily have denied an interview he gave to a French newspaper three weeks ago but instead added to his dilemma.

One thing is certain, Wenger (right) has never been more open and honest about his future than he was after his side’s fifth straight Premier League win.

Now more relaxed and confident than during the disastrous early season, Wenger said: “Last season was my toughest.

What is hard is the feeling that something is finishing.

“I have kept the boat floating in the storm. I have rejected huge offers to leave. Will I be here next season? I’ll be looking at the situation at the end of this season. Our problems at the start of the season have made me fight even more. I have no self-doubt and will show how committed I am at the end of the season.

“I will decide whether I have met expectations and the standards I set myself. I would have liked to win the Champions League and I still dream of it.”

It was remarkable timing to talk like this and throws a huge question mark over whether he will still be Arsenal manager next season.

Captain and prolific scorer Robin van Persie will also be interested. Should he commit to a new contract if the manager is leaving?

So why say these things now Arsene, why?..

SOure/Credit to : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment